The teen years can be a confusing stage, especially when it comes to individual style and fashion. Instead of trying to always fit in with the peer group, as most teens do, it’s also about being an individual and making your own mark. If you have a teen girl at home, you’ve probably already seen her fretting over what to wear and how to style her look.
As a mom, here’s your chance to update your girl with some interesting and very ‘it’ fashion styles that are all the rage right now. Check out some fun and fresh fashion tips for teens that they love to try out.
1. Colorful Layering:
- Layering is one fashion trend that is always in rage, and goes perfect for all age groups.
- Help your teen try out all her colorful clothes at once, without them looking too in your face.
- Ask your teen to wear a colorful vest and style it with a colorful shirt or jacket on the top.
- Let her pair it with plain denims and sneakers, and a colorful cross body bag.
2. Striped Simple Crop Top:
- Crop tops have come back with a bang and lots of teens as well as adults are wearing it all the time.
- Your teen can wear a cute striped crop top in neutral tones, such as a black and white striped one, and pair it with a simple pair of denims.
- To keep the focus on the top, ask her to keep the accessories or makeup to a bare minimum.
3. Winter Color Match:
- Your teen can use some bright colors in her winter wardrobe to make sure the look is structured, yet vibrant.
- Ask her to pair any two items in her outfit in a color of choice, such as a bright teal woolen cap with a bright teal woolen scarf.
- Make sure she keeps the rest of the outfit is in neutral or light tones, so that the focus remains on the color coordinated ones. A plain white tee or shirt with a basic pair of denims will go great. This is one of the best fashion tips for teenage girls.
4. The Basic Vest:
- The basic vest is one fashion accessory that should be a must-have in your teen’s wardrobe.
- A basic vest in the shade of white will always help her coordinate her other clothes around it.
- Let your teen try out a white vest with a blue pair of denims and simple or bright tie-on sneakers.
- She can also use a number of accessories on her hand to create the layered effect.
- The best part about this look is that your teen can always add another layer on top, by using a scarf, a shirt, a tee or even a jacket.
5. Classic Blue Denim Jacket:
- Make sure your teen has a classic denim jacket in her wardrobe in the shade blue, as it is one fashion accessory everyone should have.
- She can either go for a more form fitted one jacket or one that is a little big for her size, as both will look great when paired up with other clothes.
- Your teen can wear the jacket over a dress, over a regular skirt and top, over a vest and denim combo, over formal attire, or even as a buttoned-up jacket with a black pair of denims.